Christopher Kelly graduated from the Cardiff Institute of Higher Education with a First Class Honours degree in Fine Art. He has participated in numerous group exhibitions, organising the production and presentation of many exhibitions including 22 Fine Artists (1979 – 1981), Word and Image, Barcelona 1995 and also has assisted various installation artists including Mona Hatoum, Mags Harries and David Nash. During a career of over thirty years He has worked in many areas of the creative arts including Theatre, Television and Scenic companies as wide ranging as W.N.O, The Royal Shakespeare Company, ITV Television and Chelsea Flower Show.
He has worked as a part-time lecturer on various foundation and degree courses.
- 2016 Mother Shipton, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
- 2016 Lakeland Shepherd, Cockermouth, Cumbria
- 2013 Tree of Life (New Growth), North York Moors National Park, Sutton Bank, North Yorkshire
- 2008 Emlyn Hughes – Captain of Liverpool and England, Borough of Barrow in Furness
- 2007 Edward l, Burgh Sands, N Carlisle, Cumbria
- 2006 Wheel Number, The Field Gunners Association, Portsmouth
- 2005 Barrow Engineering – Centenary Sculpture Commission, Borough of Barrow in Furness
- 2005 Hugh Mcllmoyle, Carlisle United Football Club
- 2004 Centenary Sculpture Commission, Royal Welsh Show, Builth Wells, Powys
- 2004 Willie Horne – Rugby League Captain 0f Barrow, England & Great Britain, Borough of Barrow in Furness
- 2002 Shark, The Deep, Hull
- 2002 Tom Sheperd, Head of Hull Museums, Streetlife Museum, Hull, East Riding
- 2001 Bacardi Bat, Bacardi Visitor Centre, Puerto Rico
- 2001 Surfer, O’Neil Headquarters, Amsterdam
- 2000 Jazz Band, Tel Aviv, Israel
- 1998 Tree of Life, North York Moors National Park, Sutton Bank, North Yorkshire
- 1992 Memorial Portrait Bust of Former Mayor of Cardiff – Ron Watkiss CBE, Cardiff City Council, St Davids Hall
- 1991 Portrait Bust of Charles Byrd, Cardiff City Council, New Library, Cardiff
- 1990 Chartists Sculpture Commission, Newport Borough Council, Westgate Square, Newport
- 1991 Shelley Sculpture Commission, Powys Sculpture Trail, Welsh Water Authority, Elan Valley, Powys
Private Commissions include: Jo Mahony, Hurdler for Great Britain, Manchester 2006, Willie Horne Annual Trophy, Barrow Rugby Leahue Club, 2004, Cherub Architectural Sculpture Commission, Dylans Antiquarian Bookstore, Swansea, 1995, Sundial Commemoration Piece, Ron Adam, Cardiff, 1994, Alchemy – Sixteen Fibre Glass Figures and Leaded Panels, Fostex International, Switzerland, 1991, Tai-Quon-Do International Federation Award Trophy, 1985 and the Laura Ashley Memorial Trophy, 1985.